Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics |

Question for IT dept Link to/Share this Topic     Watch      Print
BKMD
#1 Posted : Friday, July 06, 2018 1:40:08 PM

Posts: 248

When I click on my bookmark for Tauck's main page, it always remembers me. When I then click on the drop-down link for the forum, sometimes it keeps my login active for weeks at a time. Other times, it doesn't transfer my login info and I appear as Guest, have to go back to the main page, log out, log in again, then come back to the forum. Why?
JnCPerkins
#2 Posted : Friday, July 06, 2018 1:46:33 PM

Posts: 26

BKMD wrote:
When I click on my bookmark for Tauck's main page, it always remembers me. When I then click on the drop-down link for the forum, sometimes it keeps my login active for weeks at a time. Other times, it doesn't transfer my login info and I appear as Guest, have to go back to the main page, log out, log in again, then come back to the forum. Why?


I experience the exact same thing (every time I visit this site). I have to log-out, and then log back into the site to be able to start or reply to a post.
British
#3 Posted : Friday, July 06, 2018 3:16:58 PM

Posts: 3,018

Yes, randomly remembers me for weeks then same problem
BKMD
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2019 2:50:26 PM

Posts: 248

It's doing it again. have to log out, then back in, otherwise the login doesn't carry over from the main page to the forum.
AlanS
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2019 2:57:08 PM



Posts: 2,077

BKMD wrote:
It's doing it again. have to log out, then back in, otherwise the login doesn't carry over from the main page to the forum.


Been doing it to me for weeks possibly months(?).
TauckTim
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2019 3:14:17 PM



Posts: 437

Hey everyone,

I'm sorry to hear this is happening again! We'll look into it with some of our developers on Monday and see if we can figure out why and get it fixed for you.

-Tim
BKMD
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2019 7:15:45 PM

Posts: 248

Thanks Tim.
BKMD
#8 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 1:01:31 PM

Posts: 248

Tim - it's doing the Guest thing again. It was good since my last post, until now.
AlanS
#9 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 1:11:21 PM



Posts: 2,077

BKMD wrote:
Tim - it's doing the Guest thing again. It was good since my last post, until now.


It comes and goes.

Most of you may have already received this email I just got from Tauck:

"We are excited to have you travel with us, and we know you are using Guest Connect to prepare for your upcoming trip! We are excited to share that over the next week, we will be upgrading to a new digital experience! However, we will need to temporarily disable the current Guest Connect feature on Tauck.com, starting Monday, February 25, through the end of next week."

This appears to address Guest Connect (profile, booking info, payment, flights, etc.) but could this be the first indication that we will soon get to experience the new website and forums?
Jan511
#10 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 2:44:35 PM

Posts: 20

AlanS, I spoke with someone in IT earlier this week about an issue I was having. It is my understanding that Tauck will be transitioning to a new website in the next couple of weeks—at least, that was what the IT rep told me. Hope it happens—the current site is sooooo sloooowww!